02. March 2007

Yesterday I was awakened to the sound of Sebastian yelling "Mommy! Mommy!" .. Mommy was already gone so I jumped out of bed and ran to his room, thinking he was having a bad dream or something, only to see him standing at his window doing said yelling. I guess he had been awake and heard Tanya leaving, went to the window and saw her driving away, all the while calling to her but she of course couldn't hear him. Awwwww... that was 6:44am. This morning I was up before him and already downstairs when I heard him get out of bed and call for me (Mama) .. I went up to see what was up and he was standing at the top of the stairs all disheveled and with his pyjama top half open .. he said "this is not on right" to which I replied (in German) yes his buttons were undone and it was no biggie, I could do them up again .. then he said "Baby Maia did it." Baby Maia is his best friend's baby sister .. about 6 mths old, not only not capable of undoing buttons but even better, not at our house at the time. I asked if he had been dreaming and he said "no, I think Baby Maia did it." He just came downstairs with his cool Mexx sunglasses on looking for his guitar. The kid's got style.

here are of course more things to ponder:
  • why is Jack the short form for John? how exactly is it shorter?
  • why aren't socks sized the same as shoes? what does sock size 9-13 mean? that's what I have to buy and I wear size 7 1/2 shoes. where's the correlation? couldn't they just say "for shoe size 6-8?" I suppose the fashion industry council would veto that proposal.
  • apropos the fashion industry council (or whatever they're called) they are the ones that would not allow standardized sizing for women's clothes .. so it's them you should scream at when you need to look for and try on sizes 4 through 12 when shopping at different retailers. Unless of course you're one of those people who don't really exist .. they wear size 0 .. .. and if you're even smaller than non-existant, then you'll be the one shopping for size 00. Why is that even allowed, how can a person wear size ZERO or smaller???????
  • how old is Lloyd Robertson? shouldn't he retire, let Lisa LaFlamme have a permanent anchor position?
  • just how tall is Ryan Seacrest? how come just about every single contestant who appears on American Idol is taller than he is .. is that one of the criteria for being chosen?

No comments: