04. April 2007

Day 3 of toilet training .. all in all, I think it's going quite well. 2 accidents today, one in a restaurant, one at home but other than that no problems. lousy weather today, rainy and cold and apparently we are supposed to expect snow again soon. I know it was a pretty tame winter (really, folks, it was) but that doesn't mean that we need an extra dose of snow in April!

some things for you to think about with me:

  • how come once Michael Kuss left Global for Citytv his weather reports are so horribly wrong most of the time? do they have better weather equipment at Global? he's always telling us he's got a gazillion weather stations all around the GTA so how come he can't get it right anymore?
  • the recent KitKat recall got me wondering about this .. how can they even call that thing a KitKat bar? By definition, a KitKat is a certain type of chocolate bar .. I suppose I can accept that they made huge, giant KitKats, but caramel???? That's not really a KitKat then, is it?
  • I got a phone call yesterday that went something like this ... I answered the phone and a recording came on saying "Hi it's Karen (or some other name) from card member services and I'd like to offer you a new lower interest rate .. blah, blah, blah .. if you would like to speak with a real live person (I'm pretty sure it said that..or something very similar) then press 1 .. if you would like to stop receiving these notices, then please press 3." Following so far? Notice anything hinky? So of course, I pressed 1 just to get to talk to a real live person ... this guy answers the phone with "Card member services." Can you see where I'm going with this? ......... what freaking card?????!!!!! So I says to the guy, "uh .. can you tell me which card this is for?" "This is regarding your Visa card, ma'am. " ... then there was a loud fax-machine-type squeal and the line went dead. I guess he either didn't my tone or he wasn't a real live person after all. Is this kind of communication supposed to secure my loyalty to Visa?
  • how is Michael going to survive the Panamanian prison system? is it really like that, do the guards just drop you off at the door and there's no one inside other than the criminals? is Linc still exonerated if Paul Kellerman in dead? Is Bill really dead? .. he should be, that was a great shot right to the heart!
  • I may have asked this before, but did the plane from Lost really crash land on the Island of Dr. Moreau? ( if you con't get this reference you should rent the movie "The Island of Dr. Moreau .. someone must have it somewhere, it's a classic!)

No comments: