17. April 2007

Don Ho died (although his website says he's currently performing at the Waikiki Beachcomber) .. I didn't find out until last night and apparently it happened over the weekend. Ah, that Bubbly-headed Ho. I apologise to Don Imus but I just couldn't resist. And speaking of Don Imus, for some reason, since the whole Don Imus thing, I can't get "Those Days" by Stevie Wonder out of my head. why? why? why?

I can't really bring myself to write about yet another mass shooting as I'm sure so many people are doing today because I don't think writing will prevent it from happening again .. I don't believe that stricter gun control won't have any effect at all on this sort of thing, but the NRA and other gun lobbyists seem to have a much stronger (or at least much wealthier) voice than non-gun lovers so I don't think there's anything other than a brick wall to run into down that avenue. It's just another debate that runs into overtime while people keep getting killed. I feel horrible for the victims and their families and friends and classmates and am thinking of them. I cannot imagine what they are feeling but I really don't want to, either.

No comments: